Friday, April 8, 2011

Leadership; Relationships, Trust & Shared Perspective

"I knew wherever I was that you thought of me, and if I got in a tight place you would come - if alive"
                                                                        Gen William T. Sherman to Gen Ulysses S. Grant

     Many will know of, and remember, GEN Stanley McChrystal as the leader who resigned from his command in Afghanistan as a result of an article published in Rolling Stone magazine.  What we should better recognize is his 37 years of selfless service to our nation, something for which I am personally thankful.  In this fifteen minute video GEN(ret) McChrystal talks about leadership, the importance of shared perspectives and taking care of each other.

I hope you enjoy it and recognize the passion of a leader who understands the importance of  trust and connection to his team.

No comments:

Post a Comment